K-1 Fiance Visa Petitions

Couple making heart shape with hands - K-1 Fiancé Visa PetitionsK-1 Fiancé Visa Petitions

I have helped bring many couples together by assisting them with the K-1 fiance visa process and then adjustment of status.  Many times, I have been there for the client all the way through from coming in as a fiance to when he or she applies for U.S. citizenship!  A U.S. citizen may bring a fiancé or fiancée to the United States on a K-1 fiancé(e) visa.  You must have met your fiancé(e) in person within the last two years and must marry within 90 days of his or her entry to the U.S.  The next step is to have your fiance(e) apply for residence by filing an adjustment of status application.  Many people forget this second stage for the fiancé(e) and his or her children!

I can work with you by determining whether or not your fiancé(e) is eligible to apply for the K-1 visa in the first place.  I will give you an overview of the process and help you determine your legal strategy.  Many couples are confused as to whether or not it is best to marry and bring your loved one in as a spouse, or to wait to marry and bring your loved one in as a fiance(e).  They are unsure if they should marry in the U.S. or abroad.  They want to know how long it will take.  They also want to know whether the spouse or fiancé(e) will be able to visit the U.S. while the case is pending.  The answers to these questions must be individualized as they are not one size fits all.  I can answer your questions and guide you towards choosing the right path to immigration.  The choice will depend on your individual facts and circumstances, and the timeline you are looking to meet.  I will be there throughout all the stages of your case, right up to your adjustment of status interview.

Contact my law office at (415) 413-VISA (8472) or through the form below to set up a consultation.

Disclaimer: the use of the internet or this form for communication with this firm or any individual member of this firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.